Monday, September 6, 2010

Well, here we go.....

My family is about to embark on an exciting adventure...

I have named it "60 days" where we will go 60 days with no Wii, no ipods, no laptops, no facebook, no tv (Lonnie has worked a deal about NFL football) and drum roll.....no dishwasher, in our house!! We are going to refocus our time on God, our Family, Friends and also be better Leaders in our Careers. I am hoping through this whole process it will teach both Lonnie and I to slow down and enjoy every moment. Even those moments where we are working doing what we love, which is helping others.

I know you think this is some punishment on my family in a crazy "Jerry Maguire" memo moment, but it's not. When thinking of my values in life, I realized that there were so many distractions keeping me from enjoying my spiritual life, my marriage, my family, and even my work! And, those distractions or so called "conveniences" have really just made people want to do more (all at one time) and have more (STUFF.)

I will be blogging about this whole experience, to be able to look back at changes we made, and the difference in day 1 vs. day 56. So I am pretty pumped! Family not so pumped right now. But I can't wait to see what the next 60 days bring!



I will not be on facebook so please send any messages to jessica@vitalityforlife.com or feel free to call or stop by!! :)



Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment