Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 1

No, I won't post everyday, but I will when something cool or not so cool happens. Tonight we...ok I introduced the family to "60 Days" needless to say it didn't really go the way I had planned. For some reason I just knew Lonnie would jump for joy at the chance to spend more time with me and less watching Peyton Manning and Tiger Woods, but I was very wrong. We did work out an agreeable Football watching schedule.
The kids took it much better than I thought, although Sophie did want to know "where" I put the Wii, I pretty sure this will be one of the first things to come out when I leave for my business trip next week. Kyle is totally good with everything, and McKenna is a little concerned about life without a laptop.
Along with the 60 days, Lonnie and I are reading the book called "Five signs of a Loving Family" the first being "An Attitude of Service" and WOW, what a start. Tonight the family talked about what "service" "work" "attitude" and "conflict" all mean and how why each of them are important.
We played a game called " I really appreciate that!" Where a member of the family says, "I serve ______ by ______. Then the family member that they were talking about says, " I REALLY appreciate that!" I know it sounds cheesy and a little predicable, but it was really neat to hear what they felt they did to serve us and each other. I loved it!! I did learn, family night needs to be "learning time" 15 minutes TOPS, "fun time" the rest of the time.
Well, one day down, looking forward to tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is great action plan - All the STUFF we gather into our lives can takes away from life. I hope you and your family rediscover all the blessings that surround you. Simplicity is the best way to live even beyond 60 days. Look forward to hearing more.


    Carole

    ReplyDelete